Mi., 27. Nov.|
Still & Moving Studio, Mumbai
IN/ The Art of Clowning ('19)
An exploration of the Clown at work and at play.
Zeit & Ort
27. Nov. 2019, 09:30 – 28. Nov. 2019, 17:30
Still & Moving Studio, Mumbai, Juhu Tara Rd, Juhu Koliwada Junction, Juhu, Mumbai, Maharashtra 400047, India
We hope to continue the good work from this 2019 workshop in 2020 - Let me know if you want updates!
This Clown course is offered together with Integral Space and Arts Based Therapy. After a short introductory day in January 2017 we want to continue with an exploration of the clown in greater depth. All are welcome!
Learn and teach your clients the importance of humour, to access one’s shadow side in a light way and liberate oneself from the fear of failure.
The Art of Clowning allows us to be much more than we are. The 'smallest mask in the world' (Jacques Lecoq) - the RED NOSE - liberates us from our ideas of what we should be (or what we are afraid we might be!), and allows us the great space to be whatever is arising - without fixing it into a personal identity.
Participants will be invited to enter the state of the clown, which is one of openness and deep listening to oneself. It allows us to see ourselves and others in a fresh light. Our imagination is heightened and we accept whatever comes with spontaneity and in the spirit of play. The workshop will be flavoured by delight in ourselves and in each other. Without fear of failure, the clown trips and spills through life finding fun and freedom in fiasco. He or she lives in a state of perpetual wonder at the astonishing world around them and nurtures openness to the infinite possibilities of life.
WHO CAN BENEFIT?
· Occupational therapists
· Special educators
· School counselors
· Anyone who wants to learn about himself/herself
HOW CAN IT HELP YOU?
1. Learn the importance of clowning and the use of ‘humour and comedy’ in your sessions as an important aspect of the therapeutic relationship.
2.. Helping your clients to open up, connect to their hearts and thus open channels to their unconscious minds – thereby liberating them from their set notions and fears.
3. Teaching clients how not to ‘awfulize’ or ‘catastrophize’ a situation and instead focus on one’s strengths and resilience in order to get a sense of meaning in life.
4. Helping a child be in its natural state of play and understand the ease with which it laughs so as to derive an insight into and achieve its developmental potential.
5. To minimize anxiety by learning the ability to laugh at oneself.
6. To instill a positive outlook on life and improve quality of life for hospitalized patients, to help them cope with symptoms and improving rehabilitation.
7. To learn its application in group therapy, working on social skills and having more opportunities for catharsis.
8. Help clients to access the shadow side of themselves in a light way, through e.g. exaggeration
FOR FURTHER DETAILS CONTACT:
+91 91377 98492
+91 96372 63157